Effective Date: October 20th, 2020
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect the following categories of information when you use our Services:
Information you provide directly to us.
- Contact Information, including name, email address, organization, organization type, and telephone or mobile phone number;
- Sign-In Information, including username and password;
- Form Responses, including your interests, preferences, feedback, educational or professional information, employment, location, age range, purpose and use of our resources, and outcome of a resource’s use;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased;
- Transaction and Billing Data, including card details (credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code, where needed to complete a transaction), billing address, delivery address, and transaction history; and
- Correspondence you send to us.
Information we collect automatically.
We collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use, including your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; device and advertising identifiers; browser type and version; Internet service provider; pages that you visit before and after using the Services; the date and time of your visit; and information about the pages you view on the Services.
We also receive the categories of information described above from other sources, including third-party services and organizations. For example, if you donate using one of our online tools, our payment processor will also collect your credit card number or other payment information. Please note that information collected by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services, or we may have to provide modified and limited versions of the services.
II. USE OF INFORMATION AND PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
We use and otherwise process each of the categories of information identified above for the following business purposes:
EEA lawful basis for processing, including basis of legitimate interest
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessity to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessity for our legitimate interests (for instance, to keep our records updated)
To improve our Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your device; to administer our Services, including troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to keep our Services, business and users safe and secure; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(a) Necessity for our legitimate interests (for running and protecting our business; for provision of administration and IT services; for network security and to prevent cybercrime and fraud; in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise; to study how people use our Services, to develop the Services, to keep our Services updated and relevant, to grow our business and to inform our communications strategy)
(b) Necessity to comply with a legal obligation
Where legally required and we have no other valid legal basis to process your information, we will obtain consent (for example, to provide you with marketing information or share information with third parties), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it is withdrawn.
Where we need to collect information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may cancel a product or service you have with us.
III. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your information with the following entities in the following ways:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as billing, donation and payment processing, fulfilling requests, and performing various functions necessary to fully provide and improve the Services, including usage analytics, data processing, marketing, and account management.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of We Animals Media, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services -- such as social media services -- through the Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Site, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
IV. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals
V. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Some browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you and any differences in service are related to the data. Deleting cookies may in some cases cancel the opt out selection in your browser.
Some of our third-party partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. To learn more, please click here or here. For additional information on how Google processes your information and what choices you may have, visit their site here.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Service may change or no longer be available to you. Any difference in the Services may be a result of information not able to be collected due to your sharing preferences.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your information is unlawful.
VI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
By using the Services and providing us with information, you understand and agree that we may transfer and store your information on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction.
Some of the entities (such as third-party vendors) to which we disclose information may be located in countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such personnel and third-party vendors are bound to duties of confidentiality.
We do not knowingly collect or sell any information from children, as defined by applicable law, without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
VIII. DATA RETENTION, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY
Information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
We take the security of your data seriously and implement security measures to safeguard information from unauthorized access, however, you should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, accurate, complete, or current. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
X. CONTACT INFORMATION